- Given France success we would expect neighbours such as Spain, Italy, England and Germany to develop.
- Spain did develop, so we would expect Portugal, Morroco and perhaps some Spain Latin countries to follow.
- Germany did develop, so we would expect Czech, Poland, Scandinavia and Hungary to develop.
- Given Japan's success we would expect Taiwan and S.Korea, the two most closely allied nations to follow, then systems expanded through China.
- China did develop, so we would expect Thailand and Vietnam to follow.
- England had HSR forced upon them via the channel tunnel. We would expect other cites in the UK to start demanding HSR. Ireland would probably follow.
The US is a long way from Europe, both politically and socially. Therefore there will be little presure to develop. The places with the highest european and japanese experience (perhaps NYC, Chicago and SF) will probably demand HSR rail first. Once they have such systems people who regularly visit there will be first in line.
(this is rather like BFS)